What makes you feel proud to be an interpreter?
What inspires you?
The CFI conference provides a unique opportunity for court interpreters to come together from all over California and every corner of the country. For the last 4 years, over 300 professional interpreters have broadened their knowledge on interpreting skills, terminology, criminal and civil topics from nationally recognized speakers. Our conference price includes catered breakfasts and lunches, so you can take full advantage of the weekend to network and catch up with colleagues.
Why settle for less?
Come to Los Angeles and help shape the path of your profession.
Double your credit for free!
Members get one hour of free self-study (non-instructor-led) credit for every hour attended at the conference. Attend the full weekend and you’ve covered your 30 hours for only about $400. Not a member? Join for only $50 (discounted from $150) when you register. Valid in California and some other states. See details »
2013 Conference Sponsors
- American Translators Association (ATA)
- Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS)
- National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT)
- National Center for Interpretation (NCI) at the University of Arizona
- Pacific Media Workers Guild (PMWG)
We are very grateful to our colleagues at these institutions for supporting quality continuing education for court interpreters in California!
Contact us for sponsorship opportunities.
2013 Featured Presenters
- Dorothee Racette will be joining us from Vermont as keynote on behalf of the American Translators Association (ATA).
- Holly Mikkelson and Laura Burian, faculty at the Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS).
- Bethany Korp will be joining us from New Mexico on behalf of the National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT).
- Tony Rivas, lead trainer for the National Center for Interpretation (NCI) at the University of Arizona.
- Agustín de la Mora, of de la Mora Interpreter Training based in Florida.
- Carol Meredith, well-known interpreter trainer based in Davis.
- Katharine Allen, co-president of InterpretAmerica
- Tuomas Kostiainen, past president of the Northern California Translators Association (NCTA).
Why should I go?
Your colleagues and old friends from around the region and around the state are expecting to see you there…to catch up, share stories, learn and have a good time!
“I love seeing old friends and meeting new ones from around the state.” – Michele
“Conferences are fun, they are stimulating, they make me think.” – Catherine
“I enjoy the social events and the camaraderie.” – Hector
“I feel part of a unique group of professionals who are making strides to make our profession known.” – Doris
- Intrans Books
- TN Communications
- Contact us to put your business in front of over 300 professional judiciary interpreters for a whole weekend!
Coming from outside California?
In addition to California CIMCE, our conference offers CEUs in a growing list of states, including Washington, Oregon, Nevada and Utah. Applications pending in Florida, Texas, and others. See details »