Focus on the Future: the 2014 CFI Conference!
Registration is now open for our 12th annual Continuing Education Conference on the weekend of October 10-12, 2014 at the gorgeous Millennium Biltmore Hotel in downtown Los Angeles. Be sure to register early and save your spot at this exciting event where we can come together as professionals. Pricing includes light breakfasts and plated lunches, so you can take full advantage of the weekend to network and catch up with colleagues.
We are “Focusing on Our Future” and for the first time in our history, we are honored to welcome presenters from the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters, the Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters and, the California Workers’ Compensation Interpreter Association. Our conference will offer interpreters from all sectors a weekend of valuable continuing education topics in skills, law, medicine, linguistics, law enforcement, ethics, and more!
Why settle for less?
This CFI annual educational showcase is a Conference for Interpreters by Interpreters, that means we are planning every aspect of this event with you in mind. Join us!! Interpreters will come together from all over California and every corner of the country to help shape the path of our profession.
We will be posting our preliminary schedule soon, so check our website regularly for updates and exciting announcements.
2014 Conference Sponsors
- American Translators Association (ATA)
- Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS)
- National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT)
- National Center for Interpretation (NCI) at the University of Arizona
We are very grateful to our colleagues at these institutions for supporting quality continuing education for court interpreters in California:
Contact us for sponsorship opportunities.
2014 Featured Presenters
- Keynote speaker: Marjory Bancroft of Cross-Cultural Communications
- Caitilin Walsh, on behalf of the American Translators Association
- Holly Mikkelson and Laura Burian, faculty at the Monterey Institute of International Studies
- Claudia Villalba, on behalf of the National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators
- Tony Rivas, lead trainer on behalf of the National Center for Interpretation at the University of Arizona
- Agustín de la Mora, on behalf of de la Mora Interpreter Training based in Florida.
- Tony Rosado, well-known interpreter trainer and author of The Professional Interpreter blog
- Katharine Allen, co-president of InterpretAmerica
Why should I go?
Your colleagues and old friends from around the region and around the state are expecting to see you there…to catch up, share stories, learn and have a good time!
“I love seeing old friends and meeting new ones from around the state.” – Michele
“Conferences are fun, they are stimulating, they make me think.” – Catherine
“I enjoy the social events and the camaraderie.” – Hector
“I feel part of a unique group of professionals who are making strides to make our profession known.” – Doris
- Intrans Books
- TN Communications
- Contact us to put your business in front of over 300 professional judiciary interpreters for a whole weekend!