Save the Date for our 2015 Conference
October 9-11, 2015
CFI’s Annual Conference will be during Columbus Day Weekend in Oakland.
Get all your participatory credits in one weekend at the largest gathering of court interpreters in the U.S. Each year, the CFI conference offers many workshop choices, attracting top-notch presenters and court interpreters from around the country.
With fantastic restaurants, art venues, shopping and entertainment, Oakland has received many positive accolades in the past few years, making the Lonely Planet’s top 10 U.S. destinations for 2015 and the “Best Rising Star” destination list in The Huffington Post.
Easy transport in and out of the Oakland International Airport, and easy access to San Francisco, which is just minutes away on BART.
So mark your calendars. We’ll see you in Oakland this fall for another great event.
2014 Conference Sponsors
- American Translators Association (ATA)
- Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS)
- National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT)
- National Center for Interpretation (NCI) at the University of Arizona
- Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI)
We are very grateful to our colleagues at these institutions for supporting quality continuing education for court interpreters in California:
Contact us for sponsorship opportunities.
2014 Featured Presenters
- Keynote speaker: Marjory Bancroft of Cross-Cultural Communications
- Caitilin Walsh, on behalf of the American Translators Association
- Holly Mikkelson and Laura Burian, faculty at the Monterey Institute of International Studies
- Claudia Villalba, on behalf of the National Association of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators
- Tony Rivas, lead trainer on behalf of the National Center for Interpretation at the University of Arizona
- Agustín de la Mora, on behalf of de la Mora Interpreter Training based in Florida.
- Tony Rosado, well-known interpreter trainer and author of The Professional Interpreter blog
- Katharine Allen, co-president of InterpretAmerica
Why should I go?
Your colleagues and old friends from around the region and around the state are expecting to see you there…to catch up, share stories, learn and have a good time!
“I love seeing old friends and meeting new ones from around the state.” – Michele
“Conferences are fun, they are stimulating, they make me think.” – Catherine
“I enjoy the social events and the camaraderie.” – Hector
“I feel part of a unique group of professionals who are making strides to make our profession known.” – Doris
- TN Communications
- Contact us to put your business in front of over 300 professional judiciary interpreters for a whole weekend!