CFI’s mission is to bring together interpreters of all languages to speak with one voice: the voice of unity.
- To unite interpreters who strongly believe that the recognition and advancement of the profession can only be achieved by providing quality oral, sign language and written translations.
- To unite interpreters who know their role is vital to the justice system because reliable and impartial interpretation and translation are important to ensure due process of law and adequate representation by counsel for linguistic minorities and the hearing impaired.
- To advance and uphold the profession of court interpreting and translating.
- To promote high standards of proficiency by developing and implementing continuing education activities and supporting those of other interpreter/translator organizations.
- To promote professional ethics and compliance with all laws, including antitrust laws.
- To represent collective professional and legal interests of interpreters before the court and any local or state entity.