Thursday, May 21st, 2009 Email to SMS Text Messages
Below are the email addresses for sending a text message to the cell phone of an interpreter. Since you are sending from email, you can also send the same text message to more than one interpreter. Don’t forget to ask all your interpreters who their carrier is and get their permission to use SMS text messages. Some people get charged for every text they receive!
The below list was copied from makeuseof.com on May 21, 2009.
If you find anything outdated, please notify us.
Note: replace “cellnumber” with the ten digit mobile telephone number.
Tip: keep the message short, so people with small screens don’t have trouble reading the text.
Free Email To SMS Gateways (Major US Carriers)
- Alltel: email@example.com
- AT&T (formerly Cingular): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boost Mobile: email@example.com
- MetroPCS: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nextel (now Sprint Nextel): email@example.com
- Sprint PCS (now Sprint Nextel): firstname.lastname@example.org
- T-Mobile: email@example.com
- US Cellular: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verizon: email@example.com
- Virgin Mobile USA: firstname.lastname@example.org